Welcome on CATology
A wiki for translatorsThe goal of this site is to help translators with tips about programs used for translation like CAT tools, electronic dictionaries, text processors, etc.
- Enter Unicode characters using a graphical interface: Babelmap
- Customize your keyboard layout with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator
- Use international keyboards drivers made by Scott Horne
- Create an autoreplace script with Autohotkey
- Type Unicode characters using autoreplace with Carlinga
- Type Unicode characters with Unichars
CAT tools in general
- How to avoid rogue codes in Word files?
- What is TMX?
- How to convert a TMX file to a tabbed text file?
- How to prepare files with contents that should not be translated?
- Kilgray memoQ: Website www.kilgray.com
- How to import an IATE tbx for use in memoQ?
- How to make a view with only one instance of repetitions?
- How to remove languages from dropdown lists?
- How to reverse a memory in memoQ?
- How to avoid exported PowerPoint files many times bigger than original?
- How to delete all entries from a project in a memoQ memory?
- How to remove duplicates in a memoQ terminology database?
- Atril DVX: Website www.atril.com
- How to manage data using SQL in DVX
- How to ignore red text in XLSX files in DVX
- What to do when the DVX dongle is not recognized?
- How to process TTX files in DVX
- How to translate SDLXLIFF files in other tools
- How to translate SDLPPX files in DVX
- How to create TTX files in SDL Trados Workbench
Useful utilities for translators
- How to find files on your computer?
- opentag.comSite dedicated to the tools and technologies used in the localization of software, on-line help and documentation
- i18ngurus.comOpen directory of links to internationalization (i18n) resources and related material.
- Translation tribulations
- Tips for Translators (old site)
- Tips for Translators (blog)
- A Catalogue of Free/Open-Source Software for Translators
- Catguru's vlog